– best way to understand people and respond effectively is to correctly guess their motives
– today, we talk about the 3 motives everyone has – each person has a primary that helps you understand them
– despite many people claiming altruism, i firmly believe it’s a myth and that all actions are self-serving, but it doesn’t matter – there’s no moral issue here
– serving the self in a healthy way serves the whole
– not sure on original source
– wealth, power, popularity
– wealth = security, possession, resources, back ups, safety
– how to know if you/others are wealth motivated: doing jobs for money, buying property and investing, penny pinching, quantifying – “how much” is biggest concern, panics about loss, aquisition, can include people (more about numbers than approval), will sacrifice the other two for this one
– power = influence, control, political clout, legacy, impact
– how to know: argumentative, trying to change the world, seduction, influencing, leadership roles, social work, panics about going unheard or misunderstood, this is ME, will sacrifice the other two for this one
– popularity = love, approval, validation, comfort,
– how to know: people pleasing, show off, entertainer, celebrity, prioritises friends and family, cares what others think of them, takes things personally, will sacrifice the other two for this one
– can be healthy – these are ways to determine satisfying negotiations, love languages, finding your purpose in life, eliminating wastes of time
Dan’s Top Resources
Get Dan Munro’s latest book to learn how to build your integrity and truly be yourself without fear.
A complete in-depth guide on how to build your confidence by being authentic and living with integrity, following Dan Munro’s secret 3X Confidence formula.
Say goodbye to fear of rejection, approach anxiety, and missing out on opportunities. This quick but thorough course will destroy your limiting beliefs around rejection.
Dan’s first book covers a complete blueprint for designing your life in a way that matches your core values, showing you how to overcome fear, set and achieve powerful goals, and build your confidence without needing other people to like you.
A philosophical examination of the confident mindset, from a scientific and practical viewpoint. This book will help you decode confidence into a set of beliefs and behaviours that you can control.